He

Thursday, October 23, 2008

12 Step Quotes and Sayings, XI

"If I'm feeling hysterical, it must be historical." Before recovery, I often wondered why little things caused such a big reaction in me. Somebody driving too slow, other people's comments, little things not going my way - these events often caused big reactions in me and left me confused and with a painful emotional hangover.

Today though, I've learned to look beyond these events and to what they trigger in me. And what I uncover are the old wounds and hurts from long ago - the historical causes of my hysterical reactions. And once I'm able to see events as the 'buttons' they are, my real emotional recovery can begin. Today I use questions to help identify and heal old wounds. "What's really behind this reaction?" "What can I do right now to sooth myself?" "Where's the recovery here?" All these wonderful questions are tools I now use to help me heal and so avoid these bigger than life reactions. Today I uncover, discover and heal old hurts.

"My recovery changed when I forever gave up the hope of having a different past." I have spent a lot of time thinking about my past. Alternately feeling sorry for myself or being outraged conference call services the wrongs - real or imagined - that were done to me, a constant theme in my thinking is how much different, better, happier I would be if only I hadn't had these parents, or stepparents, or those siblings, or on and on. But it will refiance mortgage be term life insurance quotes My past will be my past always, and, good or bad, it is uniquely mine. When I got to the program I was taught that in recovery we stop fighting everybody and everything, in other words we surrender. One definition of surrender is to lay down our arms and join the winning side. By surrendering my old feelings about my past, I start to see it in a new light, and a new miracle has begun.

By working my program, I cheap meridia able to make peace with my past, to look at my part and see the lessons and gifts it has to offer. In time, I come to see how valuable my experiences are, and how I can use them to help another. "One's deepest wounds, integrated, become our greatest power." Once I have healed my past, I begin to see how it can help heal another.

Want more 12 step quotes like this one?

Visit: http://www.theWisdomoftheRooms.com

Michael Z publishes FREE 12 step quotes like these every Monday. Sign up to get them FREE in your email each Monday Morning!

Visit here to Sign Up for FREE =>http://www.theWisdomoftheRooms.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home