He

Friday, March 20, 2009

Get Your Power Sales Tool Box

Years ago when Dell comics wife and I were newlyweds one Saturday she said to me, Honey I think there is something wrong with the shower can you take a look at it?

At that moment I realized there was something I forgot to mention to her before we got married. I am about the least handyman of anyone I know. If anything goes wrong in my house my best tool has always been the telephone to call the: plumber, electrician, handymanor whoever.

A Special Christmas Gift

Several years ago, about a week before Christmas, I received a special gift from my wife Mary. It was a toolbox. But it wasnt an ordinary toolbox it was an attractive briefcase filled with all kinds of interesting tools. That Christmas I used it to put my sons toys together. It was the first year I didnt have any leftover toy parts.

I also tried using this large toolbox when things went wrong around the house instead of calling in an expert. The amazing thing is I was actually fixing stuff.

What Made the Difference?

I then realized how I suddenly became this amateur handyman. Before I got my deluxe toolbox gift my old toolbox was a fishing box with three tools in it. No wonder I couldnt fix anything I didnt have many tools to work with.

Now I have many layers of tools in my toolbox. That means now whenever I have to repair something I can select the precise tool I need to fix it.

How does this apply to the sales profession?

Most low paid salespeople have a very small selling tools toolbox. They may have just three closing tools they use on almost everybody. Superman movie doing this they are stacking the odds of success against them.

Most highly paid salespeople have a very large selling tool chest. They may have 20 to 30 closing tools and fact finding tools they know well. That means when they need to repair a sale they can select the precise tool they need to fix it.

How do you get a powerful selling tool chest?

Add one new selling tool at a Iron Man 1 to your tool box.

Where do you find these selling tools?

One great place is in the many powerful sales books that are available today.

Some say its hard to make time to read. I tell my sales students it just takes 10 minutes a day. If you just invested 10 minutes a day reading only one chapter of a good sales book your knowledge and selling tools will grow to amazing heights. In just one month you would have read 30 chapters. Or cut that in half and say 15 chapters. Either way you will have added significantly to your sales success tool box.

David Nassief sales training coach invites you to improve your sales with the free report Selling Secrets of Top 5% Earning Salespeople Davids site is http://www.phoenix-best-sales-jobs.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home